Saturday 5 October 2013

Crunchy Apples

5th October 2013

Our fifth word is Apple. I reckon that tomorrow's word with be Pie. All will be revealed tomorrow, if I am correct.

Max (and I), like apples, we particularly like the huge juicy China Fuji apple variety. So you can imagine Max's delight when we got the chance to go apple picking in an fruit orchard in China, in Hebei, just near where we staying.

The experience of walking the unkempt Great Wall, the day before, had sparked the comments from both Max and his brother Jason that it was "better than XBox. And then, like icing on a cake, and pretty yummy icing if reactions are anything to go by, Max gets to pick real apples!

Having chosen the word, we then searched around for words that rhyme with apple that we could use. We didn't find any we really liked, so I asked Max for words to describe apples. Crunchy seemed like a good one, so off we went in search of "crunchy" rhymes.

And here it is: our rhyme for today:

Crunchy Apples


Fresh apples, straight from the tree

Apples taste best when fresh and crunchy,
I don't eat pears there just too lumpy.
I eat one once a day,
To keep the doctor far away,

And stop me getting sick and grumpy.


Which reminds me, time to cut some apple for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment