Tuesday 15 October 2013

Storms

Day 15: Today has been one of those days. By one of those days, I mean we got very little sleep last night. We were entertained by one of those humungous electric storms that Singapore is so fortunate to receive rather more frequently than on average.

Flashes of lightening, thunder that rumbled like someone's stomach was churning with excruciating hunger, crackles and bangs as the lightening made earth and then the rain. It is like being in an ultra noisy shower. Your senses are just bombarded, overloaded and then of course, you cannot sleep anymore.

I reckon this is what turns people into zombies, not being bitten by some strange alien, but rather being subjected to a cacophony of inclement weather sounds.

And so, today, it is my turn to write a rhyme, and for Max to edit / approve it before we publish.

The Big Storm


Last night there was a thunder storm,
It kept me scared right up till dawn.
The thunder clapped,
The lightening snapped.
So now all day I know I'll yawn.

I also had another thought:

A mighty storm raged last night,
It gave me such a terrible fright,
The thunder thumped,
And I just jumped,
It sounded like a meteorite.


Max's comments were approval, and he has promised that after taking a break today because he did not get much sleep either, that he will be back rhyming with Mum with extra enthusiasm tomorrow.

I am sure there are more rhymes in my head and more to come from Max, we have another 16 days to get creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment